- $55 for one G-Pass to see Schoolboy Q (up to $92.80 value)
- When: Friday, September 5, at 9 p.m.
- Where: Echostage
- Section: mezzanine VIP standing
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the venue layout
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- Schoolboy Q in his own words: “Biggie and Nas… in a blender, sprinkle some 50”
- Why that’s surprising: he and the rest of the Black Hippy crew hail from South Central, not New York
- What he has to say about that: “Everybody expects me to say 2Pac is my biggest influence because of where I’m from. But…I always listened to a lot of East Coast rappers.”
- What you’ll hear on any given Schoolboy Q track: beats that are stripped down and melodic, laconic rhymes that manage to be both funny and deeply personal, and probably Kendrick Lamar or another member of Black Hippy
- His other frequent collaborator: his five-year-old daughter, who pops up in several of his songs and music videos
- What song you’re hearing all over the radio these days: “Studio,” off of his third album, Oxymoron
- What Pitchfork had to say about the record: “a victory…Q shines the most when he’s able to reconcile his hustler past with his rap star present”