What You'll Get
- $20 for one G-Pass for general-admission lawn (up to $35.25 value)
- Click here to view the venue layout
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- 1965: guitarist Rudolf Schenker founds the band, taking the first step in what will be a 50-year journey that will pioneer the heavy-metal genre
- 1970: frontman Klaus Meine, Rudolf’s childhood friend from Hanover, Germany, joins the group to lend his searing vocals
- 1982: “No One Like You” becomes the band’s first charting single, cementing them in the ears of rock fans
- 1984: Scorpions unleash “Rock You Like a Hurricane” upon the world, ensuring their place in cultural ubiquity and giving tropical storms everywhere their own theme song
- 1989: Two months before the Berlin Wall falls, Klaus writes lyrics that long for the “children of tomorrow [to] dream away / in the wind of change.” That autumn, the harmony-driven ballad “Wind of Change” rings throughout Eastern Europe, accompanying the fall of the Iron Curtain and the end of the Cold War.
- ~2009: As democracy blows across North Africa, “Wind of Change” and the band find themselves an inspiration once more, this time to a whole new generation of fans who never knew hairspray could be purchased by the barrel.
- 2015: The band turns 50 and celebrates with a tour and a new album, Return to Forever
- Led by: former Crimson Glory and Rising West frontman Todd La Torre, flanked by original members Michael Wilton, Scott Rockenfield, and Eddie Jackson
- The band’s most famous work: the concept album Operation Mindcrime
- Non-Mindcrime hits: the ponderous “Silent Lucidity,” the thundering “Jet City Woman,” the forceful “En Force”
- Queensrÿche: the band’s 2013 release, which AllMusic described as “the album most Queensrÿche fans have desired for the last 15 years”
- The band’s latest album: Condition Hüman, a record that’s been in the works since before 2013’s Queensrÿche
- Its concept: Songwriting where “melody is key,” shares Wilton. “We don’t want to have an album with filler songs. We want every song to be quality.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 26, 2016. Limit 8/person. Refundable only on day of purchase. Merchant reserves right to substitute closer seat. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon, Ticketmaster, venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Ticket value includes all fees. Discount reflects Live Nation's current ticket prices, which may change. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.