- $20 for one ticket to Sex Love & Salsa - Rio Grande Valley Presentation with a T-shirt, pre-film reception, artist talkback, and an after-party (up to $31 value)
- When: Thursday, January 2 at 5:30 p.m.
- Where: McAllen Public Library Auditorium. The pre-film reception and the after-party will be held at Frida’s Grill & Cantina.
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
Sex, Love & Salsa
Trailer for Sex, Love & Salsa
Julian Suarez has decided to make a movie, but he's not in control of the plot twists. As he begins filming a documentary about his dating life, the amorous salsa dancer—played by writer-director Adrian Manzano—profiles each of the three women in his life: energetic, romantic Genny, sophisticated Ingrid, and Maria, a salsa dancer in whom he may have met his match. Under the camera's watchful eye, Julian starts to realize that there may be more to romance than he anticipated, and that no sexual conquest can compare to the terrifying leap it takes to truly love someone. The new mockumentary's comedic approach to affairs of the heart has won it early buzz—it debuted at the Queens World Film Festival before being selected by the Chicago Latino Film Festival, and has earned the Harlem International Film Festival's Audience Award and the title of Best Feature Film at the Reel Independent Film Extravaganza. For this screening, local star Gabrielle Ruiz (Maria) and Frida's Grill and Cantina will host a pre-screening reception, and the film's writer-director-star and producers will join Ruiz for a post-film talkback with the audience.