- $14 for one ticket to see Becoming Sharp (up to $27 value)
- Where: The Backstage Theatre
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
Dates and Times
- Friday, May 1 at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 6 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 10 at 2 p.m.
- The Plot: an aspiring author is recruited as a ghostwriter for a world-famous mystery series—but this comic thriller finds her questioning her sense of identity as she pens tangled tales under another woman’s name
- The Playwright: David Belke’s Sterling Award-winning plays have been produced across Canada, as well as the US, England, India, Ghana, and Greece
- According to the Edmonton Journal: “It’s nice to walk into a show, confident that you’re about to be entertained by a master.”
Shadow Theatre champions up-and-coming playwrights all while putting on plays from around the world. The results speak for themselves, with perfect theatrical diction—several pieces have received honors including the Sterling Award for Outstanding New Play, the Samuel French Award for Outstanding New Canadian Play, and the Outstanding New Alberta Play Award. Previous productions include Underneath the Lintel, 3 Days of Rain, Grace, While My Mother Lay Dreaming, and Sexy Laundry; this season's plays include Sequence and Circle Mirror Transformation.