- $25 for two tickets for general-admission balcony (up to $44 value)
- $38 for two tickets for general-admission floor (up to $64 value)
Shakespeare as Muse
- The Theme: music inspired by the sonnets and dramatic works of William Shakespeare, from Henry V to Love’s Labours Lost
- The Performers: the KCCO is joined by soprano Sarah Tannehill Anderson, as well as actor Robert Gibby Brand, who’ll bring the Bard’s words to life in performance
- Highlight: Vocalise, a world premiere composed for the orchestra and Anderson by Jean Belmont Ford
Kansas City Chamber Orchestra
Most orchestras have 80–100 members, but a true chamber orchestra is smaller. The 10–33 instrumentalists that take the stage at the KCCO's concerts harken back to the small-ensemble, pretzel-stick-baton days of Bach, Mozart, Handel, and Vivaldi. The orchestra pays further tribute to these artists by regularly performing their works in addition to more unconventional programs: they've collaborated with artists as diverse as Paul Mesner Puppets, Owen/Cox Dance, and the Kansas City Chorale. Led by Music Director/Conductor Bruce Sorrell, KCCO is celebrating its 28th season of concerts.