Shakespeare called himself “the bard” because “The Brad” was taken and that guy was like the coolest guy at Olde England Memorial High School. Learn more with this GrouponLive deal.
- $10 for two tickets to a performance by Shakespeare Dallas (up to a $20 value)
- Where: Samuell-Grand Amphitheatre
- Section: general-admission lawn. Guests are encouraged to bring blankets, chairs, and picnics.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, performed on Tuesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays through July 20 at 8:15 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Pericles, performed on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays through July 19 at 8:15 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Click here to view a schedule of upcoming performances.<p>
Student and senior discounted tickets are available but this Groupon still offers the best deal available.<p>
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
“Lord, what fools these mortals be!” So speaks Puck, the mischievous sprite responsible for much of the cheery mayhem in Shakespeare’s beloved comedy. Over the course of one moonlit night in an enchanted forest, four mortals fall in and out of passionate love, two powerful fairy rulers spar, and one hapless would-be actor becomes a donkey unable to effectively emote. The outdoor setting provides the perfect pastoral backdrop for the play’s romantic intrigue and entertaining misadventures.<p>
Pericles, the young prince of Tyre, is on the run. His attempts to woo the daughter of King Antiochus have severely backfired, causing him to flee the enraged monarch, brave the dangerous seas, and start a new life and a new family abroad. But even years later, Pericles—along with his wife and daughter—are haunted by his colorful past. Though not as well known as some of Shakespeare’s other works, Pericles is nevertheless notable for its themes of loss and redemption, as well as its alarmingly unstable ships.<p>
“Come ready to be amazed by the talent and splendor of these amazing cast and crew!! I would go every night! I loved it completely! The sunset was painting...”
“Come ready to be amazed by the talent and splendor of these amazing cast and crew!! I would go every night! I loved it completely! The sunset was painting perfect,moon was brightly lit, the random clouds like comforters, and the breeze...it was like ”