- VIP admission to Shamrock with Yacht Rock Schooner
- When: Saturday, March 1, at 4 p.m.
- Where: Park Tavern
- Seating: reserved VIP section
- Door time: 4 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $25 for one VIP ticket (up to $50 value)
- $39 for two VIP tickets (up to $100 value)
- VIP tickets grant access to a special VIP entrance, a private bar with drink service, VIP seating with leather pub tables and couches, private restrooms, and $6 32-ounce drafts.<p>
Shamrock with Yacht Rock Schooner
- How many people yacht-rock this schooner: eight
- Their sound: smooth soft rock teleported right out of the late ’70s and early ’80s
- Their style: leisure suits, feathered hair, oversized sunglasses, and understated swagger
- Their instruments: guitar, bass, keyboards, saxophone, multiple vocal cords
- Some artists they cover: Kenny Loggins, Hall & Oates, Steely Dan, Michael McDonald
- Songs you may hear: “Rich Girl,” “Ride Like the Wind,” “Rikki Don’t Lose That Number”
- What the Shamrock celebration celebrates: St. Patrick’s Day
- What you could win: two roundtrip airline tickets and a $1,000 cruise gift card<p>
The Park Tavern combines the historical grandeur of a century-old locale with the forward-thinking practices of a modern, eco-friendly restaurant. Some of the original woodwork and stone from its past life remains, chronicling the building’s history as a horse stable in 1905, a golf clubhouse in 1928, and a space shuttle in 1969. The Tavern’s current layout contains an elegant events space, a dining room with an outdoor terrace, an ice-skating rink, and a live music and festival venue that features the annual Oyster Crawfish Festival.<p>
Adopting green habits, the Tavern’s owners developed a rainwater-recycling system to feed its plants and water its landscape, and switched to low-flow plumbing and LEED-certified hand dryers. Its concern for the environment extends to its menu as well: locally harvested ingredients and wild-caught fish support coastal communities and local farms while simultaneously ensuring each plate contains quality, eco-friendly fare. The lineup of dishes includes sushi rolls brimming with sashimi-grade Hawaiian tuna and meaty burgers bursting with fresh-ground Angus beef or great range bison, all of which can be paired with a house microbrew.