Both laughter and tears can be cathartic, but only laughter is OK in front of your dog. Laugh until you cry with this GrouponLive deal to see comedian Sheng Wang at Punch Line Comedy Club. A two-drink minimum applies to all shows, and all tickets are general admission. Choose from the following options:
- For $13, you get two tickets (a $26 value, including all ticketing fees). Choose between the following shows:
- Thursday, April 26, at 8 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, April 29, at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m.
- For $16, you get two tickets on Friday, April 27 (a $32 value, including all ticketing fees). Choose between the following showtimes:
- 8 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- 10 p.m. Doors open at 9:45 p.m.<p>
Unpredictable funny-bone tickler Sheng Wang mines audiences for laughs with an absurdist and honest standup act forged from his life as a Taiwanese Texan. Now residing in the San Francisco area, Sheng’s droll skills of observation and offbeat recollections have been seen on the popular Comedians of Comedy tour, his own Comedy Central special, and the Stand Up for Diversity college tour that snagged him a talent deal with NBC. Adroit and a tad cantankerous, Sheng harps on modern inanities and roasts his own upbringing, winning audiences over with his deadpan delivery, pungent punch lines, and loopy logic.
For 20 years, Punch Line Comedy Club has been canning the cackles of audiences who caught sidesplitting stars such as D.L. Hughley, Dave Chappelle, and Chris Rock before they broke onto the national stage. With a first-come, first-served policy, audience members can arrive early at the intimate theater to snag a table close to the stage or off-stage shepherd’s hook. Before the show begins, servers wet laugh whistles by taking drink orders for beer, cocktails, soda, or sparkling water.