- $15 for one ticket to The Best 80’s Halloween Party Ever! (up to $27.49 value)
- When: Saturday, October 25, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Showbox
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 7 p.m. for the show; the adjacent Kerns Music Shop opens at 6 p.m. offering food and drink specials
- Ticket values include all fees.
The Best 80’s Halloween Party Ever!
- Nite Wave: Their renditions of New Wave songs by the likes of INXS and Duran Duran earned Nite Wave a handpicked spot opening for Billy Idol.
- For the Masses: Depeche Mode supplies the source material for this tribute, including “Personal Jesus,” “Enjoy the Silence,” and “Somebody.”
- Voyager: Hard rocking hair bands such as Ratt, Van Halen, and Motley Crue are enthusiastically reanimated through mad guitar science by this cover band.
- #All4Doras: New Kids on the Block, New Edition, Backstreet Boys, and N’Sync serve as inspiration for Seattle’s boy band tribute act.
- DJ Indica Jones: Expect to hear novel and elegant ways of linking tracks by New Order and Madonna.
- Andrew “Durandy” Golub: Duran Duran’s biggest fan is on hand to sign his book, Beautiful Colors, which features a vast assortment of Duran Duran concert posters.
Duke Ellington. The Ramones. Pearl Jam. If a musical act has made a deep, cool-looking dent in American culture, it's probably played at The Showbox. The Seattle music venue has been drawing great performers since it opened in 1939, when the proto-proto-proto-grunge movement was underway. Paying tribute to this rich history, the owners recently gave The Showbox's lounge space a new old name: Kerns Music Shop, which used to be a storefront owned by a local trombonist.