Though not the easiest form of transportation, riding a bull is still more manageable than riding a cat. Witness uncommon transportation with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two or four tickets to see the Silver Spurs Labor Day Rodeo
- When: Sunday, September 1, or Labor Day, Monday, September 2, at 2 p.m.
- Where: Kenansville Silver Spurs Arena
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 2 p.m.
- $10 for two general-admission tickets (a $20 value)
- $18 for four general-admission tickets (a $40 value)
Children 12 and younger are admitted free with a paying adult.
Silver Spurs Labor Day Rodeo
Formed in 1941, the nonprofit Silver Spurs Riding Club enthralls audiences with skilled horsemanship and bull-riding rigor that culminates at its six-decades-old Silver Spurs Rodeo. At the special Labor Day installment on September 1 and 2, a roster of expert riders attempts to remain mounted on bucking bulls, clinging only to bravery, a braided rope, and a stress ball. Past rodeos have featured events such as steer wrestling, tie-down roping, and saddle and bareback bronc riding, ensuring a healthy medley of spirited contests for the upcoming afternoon. As a hat tip to the rodeo's early days, these Labor Day weekend events take place in an outdoor arena, replete with concession stands and covered seating, from which attendees scope out the entire arena in search of sheep chewing on cowboys' stolen hats.