Music is the soundtrack to our lives—from the ballad you slow-danced to at senior prom to the ballad you slowly walked home alone to. Remember the good times with this Groupon.
- One G-Pass to the Super Freestyle Music Explosion 2013
- When: Saturday, July 27, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Sleep Train Arena
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
- $18 for seating in lower-level sections 101–106, rows S–Z (up to a $39.70 value)
- $22 for seating in lower-level sections 101–106, rows K–R (up to a $44.80 value)<p>
How G-Pass Works:</b> Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
Super Freestyle Music Explosion 2013
- The performers: Stevie B, Lisa Lisa, Exposé, Debbie Deb, Pretty Poison, Trinere, Connie, Stacey Q, and Nu Shooz
- Historic centers of freestyle music: New York City, Philadelphia, Miami
- Hallmarks of the style: electronic beats, bubbly synths, and other ’80s pop hallmarks, wedded to Latin rhythms and lyrics of love
- How Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam’s “I Wonder If I Take You Home” became a hit: A producer at Personal Records picked up the demo tape from a discard bin.
- Hits with parentheses-laden titles: “Because I Love You (The Postman Song)”—Stevie B; “I’ll Never Get Over You (Getting Over Me)”—Exposé; “Catch Me (I’m Falling)”—Pretty Poison
- Artists who have covered Debbie Deb’s hit single “Lookout Weekend”: Janet Jackson, Kid Sister, The Black Eyed Peas
- Approximate percentage of the cover of Connie’s debut album taken up by luscious curls: 50%
- How Stacey Q got her start: impersonating The Go-Gos on a Los Angeles radio show
- Relationship between singer/percussionist Valerie Day and songwriter John Smith of Nu Shooz: spouses<p>