What You'll Get
- One ticket to see California Ballet’s Sleeping Beauty
- Where: San Diego Civic Theatre
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $20 for balcony/upper loge section (up to $46.75 value); balcony seats require the use of stairs
- $32 for rear mezzanine/rear dress circle section (up to $62.50 value)
Showtimes * Saturday, May 17, at 2:30 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. * Sunday, May 18, at 2:30 p.m.
voucher holders with tickets to the 2:30 p.m. matinee shows may also attend a pre-performance lecture that begins at 1:30 p.m., as well as a post-performance meet-and-greet with the cast.
Written by Tchaikovsky in 1889, Sleeping Beauty has stood as one of ballet’s most beloved pieces since its glowing debut at St. Petersburg’s Imperial Maryinsky Theatre. The traditional tale of a princess cursed to sleep for 100 years by a malevolent fairy comes alive with choreography adapted from legendary ballet master Marius Petipa, whose powerful and technically dazzling movements have remained the standard for more than a century.
Even when a ballet imposes technical challenges and its reputation raises expectations to near-impossible levels, California Ballet’s dancers and artists don’t shy away. Much of the company’s repertoire reads like a 19th-century Top-10 list—Midsummer Night’s Dream, Coppelia,Swan Lake—yet it makes each staging uniquely its own, either by revamping the choreography, casting The Nutcracker with upwards of 200 students from its dance school, or creating sets and costumes that would dazzle an “Ooooh” out of a royal guardsman.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at San Diego Civic Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together, seating will be pre-assigned. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call (858) 560-6741 immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Children must be 4+ years to attend. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About California Ballet
- The Company: since its inception in 1968, California Ballet has grown into the largest professional ballet company in Southern California
- The Repertoire: California Ballet's principal dancers restage demanding classics such as Giselle, Swan Lake, and A Midsummer Night’s Dream, but the company also cultivates daring new works (The Great Gatsby, Dracula) and fresh local talent through its school
- The Seasonal Highlight: California Ballet's annual performance of The Nutcracker at the Civic Theatre, which draws an audience of more than 25,000 people each year