Like the chalk line down the middle of feuding siblings’ bedroom floors, the line between comedy and tragedy is thin and can lead to melodramatic outbursts if crossed by mistake. Watch as the pros cautiously tread the boards with today’s GrouponLive deal to see Area Stage Company’s production of Snoopy! The Musical at the Riviera Theater in Coral Gables.
- For $16, you get one ticket for seating in section B (up to a $33.05 value, including fees).
- For $19, you get one ticket for seating in section A (up to a $38.23 value, including fees).<p>
For either seating option, choose from the following shows:
- Sunday, January 15, at 3 p.m.
- Saturday, January 21, at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, January 21, at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, January 22, at 3 p.m.
- Saturday, January 28, at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, January 28, at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, January 29, at 3 p.m.<p>
The sequel to the award-winning musical You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown, Snoopy! The Musical follows the Peanuts gang on a tune-filled series of slice-of-life vignettes. Arthur Whitelaw—the show’s original co-writer, director, producer, and dog trainer—helms the production, which delves into the private life of the titular pooch as he struggles to be a better canine and get his writing accepted at prestigious publications. Comedic songs explore childhood’s delights and tribulations, with the human characters joining in with scenes of their own, searching for the Great Pumpkin, reflecting on the meaning of Christmas, and dealing with the fact that no adult they know has mastered the art of speech yet.
The passionate and lauded crew of the Area Stage Company takes pride in premier productions of beloved contemporary plays and brand-new works that push theatrical boundaries. The collective has set up shop in the recently christened Riviera Theater, which sports 275 seats for intimate views of stagehands playing rock-paper-scissors in the wings