What You'll Get
- One ticket to see America’s Test Kitchen LIVE! with Christopher Kimball
- When: Thursday, August 14, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Jesse H. Jones Hall
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $31 for balcony seating (up to $45 value)
- $38 for orchestra seating (up to $55 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
America’s Test Kitchen
- What to expect: a multimedia exploration of the beloved cooking show’s most popular segments and behind-the-scenes workings
- Included in those popular segments: clips of shows gone wrong, including a Yule log gone wrong and a Today show appearance that almost summoned the fire department
- Why the live show’s better than TV: Audience members get to come up onstage to taste-test chocolate and see whether Christopher Kimball’s bow tie is edible.
- Other ways you’ll get a peek at the cooking-lab action: a sniff test to challenge one’s olfactory identification skills; two live science experiments
- Treats for the ears: over the radio, an interview with weird-science writer Mary Roach and a tribute to Julia Child from her closest associates
Society for Performing Arts
Jesse H. Jones, a businessman, philanthropist, and member of President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s cabinet, knew what he wanted for Houston: more art. Before his death in 1956, Jones set in motion a plan to create a new cultural center for the city, and under the leadership of his nephew John, the Jones Hall became a reality. To keep the ushers from getting lonely on nights when the Houston Symphony and Houston Grand Opera weren’t playing the younger Jones created the Society for Performing Arts.
The SPA brought Carol Channing to Jones Hall in its first season and later grew to be the largest such arts organization in the southwest. It’s even expanded from its majestic flagship venue to fill another pair of theaters a couple of blocks away.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 14, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting 8/14 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Jesse H. Jones Hall. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Society for the Performing Arts' current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.