- $17 for one ticket to see SOJA (up to $34.75 value)
- When: Tuesday, July 14, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Paramount Theatre
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Their Sound: breezy and uplifting dancehall tunes that echo the reggae rock of Rebelution and the traditional island sway of Midnite and the Wailers
- Their Name: an acronym for Soldiers of Jah Army, a moniker that shows their dedication to the corps of reggae as they work their way to the ranks of Colonels of Jah
- Their Themes: unity, hope, love, and peace and dub during wartime
- Their Roll: 2012’s Strength to Survive topped the Billboard Reggae Album Chart in both 2012 and 2013, and the group landed their first Grammy nomination for 2014’s Amid the Noise and the Haste
- Where to Begin: swaying singles such as “Here I Am,” “You and Me,” and “I Believe,” which they co-wrote with fellow good-vibe captain Michael Franti
An oasis for arts-loving crowds tired of taking malfunctioning teleporters to the city, the cavernous, recently renovated Paramount draws in major acts to spare fans stressful commutes. The venue buzzes with a true rock 'n' roll vibe, beaming with a nocturnal color scheme decorated with whimsical local art and exposed brick walls.