Playing baseball takes coordination, upper-body strength, and the courage to run counterclockwise even though that direction is normally only for the immoral and weak-hearted. See strong-willed Americans with this GrouponLive deal.
- $20 for a game package for two to see the Somerset Patriots (up to a $43 total value)
- Where: TD Bank Ballpark
- Seating: Premium field box in sections 107–118
- Door time: 65 minutes before each game
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
The package includes the following:
- Two premium field-box tickets (up to a $30 value)
- VIP red lot parking pass (a $2 value)
- Game program (a $5 value)
- Patriots team baseball card set (a $6 value)
- Against the Bridgeport Bluefish on Tuesday, August 6, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Bridgeport Bluefish on Wednesday August 7 at 11:05 a.m.
- Against the Bridgeport Bluefish on Wednesday, August 7, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Lancaster Barnstormers on Monday, August 12, at 5:05 p.m. (doubleheader)
- Against the Lancaster Barnstormers on Tuesday, August 13, at 11:05 a.m.
- Against the Lancaster Barnstormers on Wednesday, August 14, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Sugar Land Skeeters on Thursday, August 15, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Sugar Land Skeeters on Friday, August 16, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Sugar Land Skeeters on Sunday, August 18, at 5:05 p.m.
- Against the York Revolution on Tuesday, August 27, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the York Revolution on Wednesday, August 28, at 7:05 p.m.
The Scouting Report
The Patriots finished the first half of the season just one game behind the Freedom Division's first-place Sugar Land Skeeters. For the second half, Somerset seeks to narrow the Skeeters' lead in the overall standings during a mid-August game that continues one of the Atlantic League’s fiercest rivalries. Throughout August, the Patriots will look for continued consistency from slugger and former big-leaguer Jake Fox, who leads the league in RBIs and home runs as of July 30—an impressive feat unlikely to be topped at least until mankind puts a car dealership on Mars.
As one of the charter members of the Atlantic League in 1998, the Somerset Patriots are the most successful franchise in the league’s history, but such good fortune didn't come immediately. In fact, it had to play its entire first season on the road while construction crews finished constructing TD Bank Ballpark from billions of sunflower-seed shells. In 2001, however, the Patriots' began a decade-long run that included five championships—including back-to-back titles in 2008 and 2009—plus several awards for the 6,100-seat ballpark (completed in 1999), which was named "Ballpark of the Year" by Baseball America in 2007.