Playing baseball takes coordination, upper-body strength, and the courage to run counterclockwise even though that direction is normally only for the immoral and weak-hearted. See strong-willed Americans with this GrouponLive deal.
- Game-day package for two or four to see a Somerset Patriots baseball game
- Where: TD Bank Ballpark
- Seating: Premium field box located directly behind the dugout
- Door time: 65 minutes before opening pitch
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
$15 for two premium field box tickers ($30 value including fees)
$37 for a game-day package for two ($72 total value)
- Two premium field-box tickets ($15 value each, including fees)
- Parking pass ($2 value)
- Two game programs ($5 value each)
- Sparky Lyle meet and greet for two ($15 value each)
$72 for a game package for four ($142 total value)
- Four premium field-box tickets ($15 value each, including fees)
- Parking pass ($2 value)
- Four game programs ($5 value each)
- Sparky Lyle meet and greet for four ($15 value each)
For each option, choose from the following games against the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs:
- Friday, May 23, at 7:05 p.m. (X-Men night with an appearance by Wolverine, plus baseball bingo)
- Saturday, May 24, at 7:05 p.m. (Post-game fireworks)
- Sunday, May 25, at 1:05 p.m. ($1 hot dogs. Jimmy Buffett Day, with live cover songs before and after the game)
- Monday, May 26, at 1:05 p.m. (Memorial Day celebration, first 1,500 fans receive patriotic baseball caps)
The Scouting Report
Last year, the Somerset Patriots took the Atlantic League championship series to a full five games against the Long Island Ducks. Though they scored hard-fought victories in 10- and 16-inning games, they fell just shy on the league’s top prize. But Opening Day 2014 presented them a shot at revenge, and they dismantled the Ducks in 15 innings. Their opening-day statement bodes well for a 2014 season in which they hope to top last year’s franchise-record 90 wins in order to get a pizza party from their coach. This four-game homestand sets up the Patriots to continue their hot streak with victories against the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs.
As one of the charter members of the Atlantic League in 1998, the Somerset Patriots are the most successful franchise in the league’s history, but such good fortune didn’t come immediately. In fact, it had to play its entire first season on the road while construction crews finished constructing TD Bank Ballpark from billions of sunflower-seed shells. In 2001, however, the Patriots’ began a decade-long run that included five championships—including back-to-back titles in 2008 and 2009—plus several awards for the 6,100-seat ballpark (completed in 1999), which was named “Ballpark of the Year” by Baseball America in 2007.