- $46.69 for one ticket to see Alton Brown Live! The Edible Inevitable Tour (up to $62.25 value)
- When: Friday, March 27, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
- Seating: rear orchestra or front balcony
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Where you’ve seen Alton Brown: diving into epicurean science, history, and technique on his long-running TV show, Good Eats
- Other hats he wears: chef, author, filmmaker, Iron Chef America host
- Honours Alton has received: James Beard Award for Best TV Food Personality, “Cooking Teacher of the Year” from Bon Appetit Magazine
- What Alton’s packing for his tour, in his own words: “specialized cooking gear, amplifiers, projectors, ponchos, pastries of unusual size.”
- What you’ll see during his live show: cooking experiments, comedy, multimedia presentations, a live band playing the “Airport Shrimp Blues”
- Dress code for audience: a poncho provided by the theatre, if you’re sitting close to the stage
- Dress code for randomly selected audience volunteers: a lab coat provided by Alton
Sony Centre For The Performing Arts
The largest soft-seat theatre in Canada, the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts is perhaps most famous for its overhanging marquee outside. The diagonal canopy and its snake-like rows of lights were restored to their original form in 2010, along with the facility’s wood, brass, and marble accents. Inside the lobby, York Wilson’s mural, The Seven Lively Arts, fills eyes with fractured, panoramic representations of various artistic media, from slanted musical staffs to menacing Greek theatre masks.