All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- One Ticket to Gladiator Live featuring the Motion Picture Symphony Orchestra
- When: Friday, December 5, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Sony Centre For The Performing Arts
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- C$57 for the orchestra (up to C$96 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
Gladiator Live featuring the Motion Picture Symphony Orchestra
- The film: Ridley Scott’s Oscar-winning blockbuster about Roman general Maximus Decimus Meridius (Russell Crowe), who’s sold into slavery and forced to be a gladiator after his family is killed by the evil Emperor Commodius (Joaquin Phoenix)
- The score: equal parts haunting, dreamy, and bombastic, as composed by Academy Award-winning maestro Hans Zimmer and Dead Can Dance singer Lisa Gerrard, who weaves in her ethereal vocals throughout
- How you’ll see the film: projected onto a 40-foot-wide screen
- How you’ll hear the film’s score: synched to the movie and performed live by the Motion Picture Symphony Orchestra
- Adding elegance to the hyper-violent tale: the soothing chants of the Tallis Choir of Toronto
- Performing the parts of Lisa Gerrard: Clara Sanabras, whose lilting pipes have elevated the soundtracks to other epics such as The Hobbit, Snow White and The Huntsman, and The Hunger Games
- Get there early: for a pre-show talk with conductor Justin Freer about rebuilding the film’s score, the challenges of synching it to the screen, and winning a thumbwar against Russell Crowe
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 5, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on 12/5 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Sony Centre For The Performing Arts. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Sony Centre For The Performing Arts
The largest soft-seat theatre in Canada, the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts is perhaps most famous for its overhanging marquee outside. The diagonal canopy and its snake-like rows of lights were restored to their original form in 2010, along with the facility’s wood, brass, and marble accents. Inside the lobby, York Wilson’s mural, The Seven Lively Arts, fills eyes with fractured, panoramic representations of various artistic media, from slanted musical staffs to menacing Greek theatre masks.