What You'll Get
Rock fans traditionally hold up lighters at concerts during ballads so that heartbroken moths know where they can go and, for once, not be judged. Get drawn in with this deal.
- $10 for one ticket to see Soul Asylum and Fountains Of Wayne with Evan Dando (up to a $33 value)
- When: Friday, October 11, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Sands Bethlehem Event Center
- Section: general-admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the venue layout.<p>
Soul Asylum and Fountains Of Wayne
- Soul Asylum’s sound: the working-class rock of the Twin Cities
- First giant hit: “Runaway Train” from 1992’s triple-platinum Grave Digger’s Union, which won the band a Grammy and a gold-plated railroad spike
- Latest release: No Fun Intended, a 2013 EP which features covers of Joy Division’s “Love Will Tear Us Apart” and MC5’s “Shakin’ Street”
- Fountains of Wayne’s songwriting team: Adam Schlesinger and Chris Collingwood
- Where they got their name: a lawn ornament store in Wayne, NJ
- Is it still open?: no, but you can see it in an episode of The Sopranos
- Song you’ve probably heard: “Stacy’s Mom,” which has got it goin’ on
- Song you should hear: “Hey Julie,” a single that, like Stacy, was overshadowed by the mom
- Other deep cuts praised for their power-pop catchiness and detailed storytelling: “Leave The Biker,” “Red Dragon Tattoo,” “Strapped For Cash,” “Richie And Ruben”
- Movie songs written by Schlesinger that you didn’t know were written by Schlesinger: “Pretend To Be Nice” from Josie And The Pussycats, the Grammy-nominated title track from That Thing You Do!
- Where you’ve heard Evan Dando: Lemonheads tunes such as “Into Your Arms” and a mammoth cover of “Mrs. Robinson”
- Other song you should hear: “Alison’s Starting to Happen,” a power-chorded portrait of the earliest moments of love<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 11, 2013. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 10/11 at venue. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Sands Bethlehem Event Center. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.