What You'll Get
- $15 for one G-Pass to see Soul Asylum and Meat Puppets (up to $29.50 value)
- When: Thursday, July 23, at 8 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues San Diego
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
Soul Asylum and Meat Puppets
- The legacy of Soul Asylum: forged in the fires of Minneapolis in 1981, the band went triple platinum with their 1993 album, Grave Diggers Union, and came around full circle with their 2012 release, Delayed Reaction
- How AllMusic.com’s Mark Deming described that album: “their best in ages.”
- Their sound in a nutshell: an ocean of rough yet infectious guitar riffs propelled by the rust-bucket vocals of Dave Pirner
- Proof of Pirner’s Minneapolis cred: that’s him on the live-recorded opening of The Replacements EP Stink, yelling at police offers who are breaking up a party
- What you might hear in the show: new tracks such as “Let’s All Kill Each Other” and “Into the Light” along with the eminently hummable “Runaway Train”
- The Meat Puppets in our words: sneering punk and country rock that resembles an amalgamation of ZZ Top, Neil Young, and Hüsker Dü
- The Meat Puppets in their words: “real blown-out folk music,” which frontman Curt Kirkwoood said about their latest album, Rat Farm
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 24, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Refundable only on day of purchase. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Live Nation, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Ticket value includes all fees. Under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, or a responsible adult age 25+ who has written authorization from a parent or guardian. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.