Concerts give music lovers the chance to gather together to hear their favorite artist and share one giant, meaty party sub. Share a moment with this GrouponLive deal.
- Sound City RVA Bands and Brews 2013
- When: August 10–11 at 2:30 p.m., rain or shine
- Where: American Civil War Center at Historic Tredegar
- General admission
- Door time: 2:30 p.m. both days
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to see the list of participating breweries.
- Click here to see the full musical lineup.
VIP perks include:
Access to a private covered area with seating
- Separate entrance to avoid lines
- Complementary catered food by Sound Bites
- Exclusive access to surprise VIP extras
Sound City RVA Bands and Brews 2013
- What it is: two days, 10 bands, 50 beers
- What kinds of beers: local and imported craft and micro brews from the likes of Midnight Brewery, 3 Brothers, and Bold Rock
- What kinds of bands: a mix of national indie-rock royalty, local next-big-things, and a Mexican Elvis
- Can't miss shows on Saturday night: The Breeders, Leagues, El Vez
- Reasons to be late to work on Monday morning: Deerhunter, Those Darlins, AJ Davila
- How you know The Breeders: You rocked out to "Cannonball" on MTV in 1993, you named your first child Kim Deal
- What Breeders songs can you expect: the entirety of the classic album Last Splash
- What Nashville music would sound like if Nashville were a neighborhood in Brooklyn: Leagues
- Best way to hear Elvis songs in Spanish, along with punk-tinged salutes to David Bowie and Paul Simon: El Vez
- "Ambient punk" band most likely to play in sundresses while caked in fake blood: Deerhunter
- Deerhunter hits you might hear: "Hazel St.," "Nothing Ever Happens," "Revival"
- Most potentially unhinged Puerto Rican power-pop act: AJ Davila
- Locally sourced bands to see before they get too big for Virginia: Black Girls, The James Badfellows, The Trillions
Some proceeds of the event will benefit the Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity.