- $15 for one G-Pass to Sounds of Motown (up to $32 value)
- When: Friday, September 25, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Tuscaloosa Amphitheater
- Seating: upper reserved
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Click to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
Sounds of Motown
- The Whispers: Over the last 50 years, the Vocal Hall of Famers behind dance-club staples such as “And the Beat Goes On” and “Rock Steady” have racked up 12 Top-20 singles, 2 platinum albums, and 1 NAACP Image Award.
- The Spinners: Flag bearers of the Sweet Philly soul-music scene, Bobbie Smith and Henry Fambrough lead the band in revisiting sounds ranging from the endlessly romantic “I’ll Be Around” to the funky chart topper “The Rubberband Man.”
- The Manhattans: Formed in the 1960s as a doo-wop quintet, The Manhattans reinvented themselves as sweet soul balladeers during the 1970s. Hits, including “Kiss and Say Goodbye” and “Shining Star,” made them a fixture on R&B’s Top 10 charts thanks to lead singer Gerald Alston’s smooth croon.