- $15 for one ticket to see South Coast Symphony’s “Broadway MasterWorks” (up to $28 value)
- When: Friday, May 15, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Crossline Church
- Seating: orchestra
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Who you’ll see: It’s a surprise—sort of. A to-be-announced lineup of Broadway performers and ensemble members will join the symphony onstage.
- What you might hear: Songs from beloved Broadway musicals in the vein of Wicked and Phantom of the Opera.
South Coast Symphony
The South Coast Symphony bills itself as "the unstuffy symphony." Which isn't to say that its pro musicians have any disrespect for the classical tradition—any given season likely will be rich with mammoth orchestral works and famous operas. But the group has broad tastes, and accordingly partners with a wide range of musicians to put on evenings of Broadway show tunes, renditions of classic-rock albums, and film-score performances. Many of the concerts are designed to be welcoming to a wide audience, including kids or adults who have never listened to anything besides CDs of funny sound effects.