What You'll Get
- $10 for one ticket to the South Dade Food and Rock Festival (up to $20 value)
- When: Saturday, February 1, at 5 p.m.
- Where: Harris Field Homestead
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 4 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
South Dade Food and Rock Festival
- Who'll be there: Jade Sanders, Main Highway, Head First, and Colbert the Band
- When Jane Sanders started composing her crisp country songs: age 10
- Number of songs she's written in the four years since: 70
- Timeless hits covered by Main Highway: "867-5309/Jenny," "Knockin' on Heaven's Door," and "Back in the U.S.S.R."
- Who makes up Head First: self-described guitar wizard Mickey Filippucci, drummer Brian Ferland, bassist Mark Diehl, and golden-piped singer Janae Deleon
- Songs Janae might lend her voice to: "Sweet Child of Mine," "Whole Lotta Love"
- Colbert the Band's modus operandi: performing Top 40 rock tunes from the '70s through today
- What you can do between sets: head over to the food stands to feast on barbecue, stone crab, and buffalo wings
- How to wash it all down: sip top-shelf liquor at the cash bar, or attach a miles-long hose your kitchen sink before leaving home
- Who you'll help by bidding on autographed classic guitars at the silent auction: Relay for Life
Florida Rock Stars
According to their website, Florida Rocks Stars "like songs with guitars in them." This simple declaration has become a call to action, spurring the group to bring rock 'n' roll to South Florida without kidnapping Bon Jovi. Their ever-growing network of hard-hitting bands and friendly venues combines to thrill audiences with day-long concerts that not only benefit fans, but also raise money for local charities.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 1, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 2/1 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Harris Field Homestead. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Florida Rock Stars' current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Gates open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.