What You'll Get
- $31.25 for one G-Pass to Spandau Ballet (up to $63 value)
- When: Sunday, May 3 at 8 p.m.
- Where: NYCB Theatre at Westbury
- Section: orchestra section C or F, rows O–V
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- The sound of Spandau Ballet: new wave steeped in the escapist synths and colorful fashion of the UK New Romanticism movement
- How frontman Tony Hadley makes the crowd swoon: with suave blue-eyed soul vocals
- How multi-instrumentalist Steve Norman makes the crowd swoon: with suave sax solos
- When the UK had their first dance with Spandau Ballet: in 1980 with the debut single “To Cut a Long Story Short”
- When the US finally cut in on that dance: in 1983 with the breakthrough album True, featuring the zestful hit “Gold” and the timeless title track
- Where you’ve heard “True”: on non-stop MTV rotation in the early ’80s, the prom dance in Sixteen Candles, and warbled by Steve Buscemi in The Wedding Singer
- What’s happened since the ’80s: the band took a 20-year hiatus to explore solo projects, but reunited in 2009
- The fitting name of this tour: Soulboys of the Western World, which is also the title of a new documentary about their career
- What you’ll hear at the show: all of the band’s new-wave classics, plus tracks from their upcoming album, which features production from ’80s studio legend Trevor Horn
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 3, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Use for admission at NYCB Theatre at Westbury on 5/3. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About NYCB Theatre at Westbury
More than half a century ago, three partners raised a vibrant, multicolored tent on an underdeveloped industrial site and established the Westbury Music Fair. It followed its first production, The King and I, with a decade of top-name talent and Broadway musicals. Then, recognizing its place on the theater scene was permanent, it planted its roots as a fully enclosed theater-in-the-round. Expanding its repertoire to match its new digs, the theater showcased performers such as The Who, Bruce Springsteen, and Julie Andrews. Today, past a lounge blazing in purple and red lights, guests find that same circular stage hosting equally great musical acts and musical theater.