Many people go to stock car races just to see the crashes, but only die-hard fans stay to watch each driver solemnly bury his car. Pay your respects with this GrouponLive deal.
- $17 for one ticket to the SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour Series Colorado 100 Race (a $35 value)
- When: Sunday, September 29; qualifying begins at 11:30 a.m. and the race starts at 1 p.m.
- Where: Pikes Peak International Raceway
- Seating: General admission
- Door time: 10 a.m.
- Kids aged 12 and under receive free admission
On September 29, the SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour Series returns to the one-mile oval at Pikes Peak International Raceway with the richest prize purse in series history on the line. The event culminates with the Colorado 100 on Sunday afternoon after three full days of practice runs, qualifying events, and inspections to make sure none of the cars have rocket boosters hidden inside their mufflers.
The last time the series visited Pikes Peak was in 2005, an event that saw two-time series champion Jim Pettit II crowned as the winner. This year, and with just one race left this season after the Colorado 100, Pettit II once again figures to play a key role: he sits at the top of the leader board in series points. As if positioning in the tour standings wasn’t enough to get competitive juices pumping, $75,000 worth of potential winnings dangles above competitors, metaphorically rather than literally strung between lighting towers around the track.