What You'll Get
- $25 for one ticket to see Spyro Gyra And Lee Ritenour (up to $48.05 value)
- When: Saturday, April 12, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
- Seating: rear of sections 101–103
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Spyro Gyra and Lee Ritenour
- The band: one of the most beloved acts in the history of smooth jazz
- The sound: it’s actually much more than smooth jazz, with heaps of funk, R&B, and pop tossed into the mix
- The name: a misspelling of Spirogyra, a genus of green algae, which bandleader Jay Beckenstein learned about in college biology as he sought to unlock the jazz-fusion genome
- 12: the number of Grammy nominations the band has received
- 1979: the year that their album Morning Dance grooved its way to the top of the adult contemporary charts
- What to expect: a two-set show starting with a performance of Morning Dance in its entirety, followed by a set of later gems, jams, and tracks from The Rhinebeck Sessions
- What to know about Lee Ritenour: don’t challenge him to a guitar duel
- Why?: Amongst his other accolades, “Captain Fingers” has won the Lifetime Achievement Award from Guitar Player Magazine, and Gibson even named a guitar after him
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 12, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Redeem on 4/11 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Live Nation's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.