Musicals have always brought impossible dreams to life on stage, from cats that can talk to humans who can sing in public without feeling weird. Escape from reality with this GrouponLive deal.
- $25 for one ticket to see Cooking with the Calamari Sisters (up to a $51 value)
- Where: Society Hill Playhouse
- Seating: General admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Click here to view all available show options.
Cooking with the Calamari Sisters
Stephen Smith and Jay Falzone throw their hearts and wigs into the roles of Delphine and Carmela Calamari, the stars of Mangia Italiano, a public-access musical cooking show. The sisters are known for their culinary skills, their fierce loyalty to each other, their even fiercer competitive nature, and their angelic baritone voices. Spouting silliness and one-liners, the duo croons beloved Italian favorites such as “That’s Amore,” “Mambo Italiano,” and “Volare” while concocting dishes and tickling the funny bones of audience members.
Society Hill Playhouse
Tucked into the historic David Garrick Hall, Society Hill Playhouse has been showcasing off-Broadway productions and comedic musicals since its inception in 1960. Its accessible roster of performances, which have included Nunsense and Lafferty’s Wake, belie Victorian-inspired decor such as pressed tin walls and refined seats that don’t talk about their feelings.