Street festivals are a sure sign that summer is near, just like sunflowers in bloom or snowmen screaming in agony. Celebrate the eternal cycle with this GrouponLive deal.
- One-day general admission to St. Anthony's Italian Festival
- When: Monday, June 9, at 5:30 p.m.
- Where: St. Anthony of Padua Church
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $5 for two tickets (up to $10 value)
- $10 for four tickets (up to $20 value)
Attendees over the age of 61 are admitted for free; children under 14 are also admitted free with a paying parent or guardian, aged 18 or older.
St. Anthony's Italian Festival
- What it is: a yearly weeklong celebration of Italy's cultural heritage
- More specifically: the 2014 festival focuses on the Ascoli Piceno region, Italy's "vacationland" on the Adriatic Sea and the place to which many families in the Wilmington area can trace their roots
- A bit about St. Anthony of Padua Church: it's a national historic landmark closing in on its centennial anniversary; tours take place nightly
- What you can dance to during the fest: soul from the 10-piece Exceptions and Italian hits from Idea 71, Primavera, and Fulvio
- What you can practice harmonizing to: a micro-concert featuring tunes by Vivaldi
- What there is to eat: dishes from La Casa Pasta, Caffé Gelato, and other vendors, as well as an Ascoli Piceno–inspired menu from Chef Guiseppe Furio
- What's up with the LED screens?: the Carman FIAT–sponsored 9′x12' LED Wall will display stunning images of the Ascoli Piceno region, behind-the-scenes photos of the fest, and pictures from the history of the parish