- $20 for one ticket to see Saint Asonia (up to $26.10 value)
- When: Tuesday, August 18, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Varsity Theater
- General admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ages 18+ with valid ID
- Separately: They’re former Three Days Grace frontman Adam Gontier, Staind guitarist Mike Mushok, Eye Empire bassist Corey Lowery, and former Finger Eleven drummer Rich Beddoe.
- With Their Powers Combined: They’re an alt-metal supergroup who between them have had 17 number one hits and 25 Top 10 Rock Singles.
- Their Mission: crafting new chart-toppers and delivering hits such as “Better Place” and “Blow Me Wide Open” off their self-titled debut
If the building at 1308 4th Street had a mouth, it could tell many stories. It could tell of its birth as The University Theater in 1915 and how its infancy was spent in vaudeville, presenting everything from minstrel shows to early silent films. It could tell of the art deco remodel by architects Jack Liebenberg and Seeman Kaplan that turned it into a full-time movie house for the next 50 years. And it could tell of its days in the '90s and early 2000s when it worked as an underground club and a photography studio. But today, in its own way, the theater speaks mostly of the current music scene, hosting everyone from Mumford and Sons to Feist and Saul Williams.