What You'll Get
Concerts, like dimly lit chandeliers, are more impressive outdoors and are more enchanting when adorned with strategically placed glow sticks. Combine fresh air with fresh tunes with this deal.
- $60 for one G-Pass to St. Jerome’s Laneway Festival featuring Sigur Rós and The National (up to a $91.25 value)
- When: Saturday, September 14
- Where: Meadow Brook Music Festival
- General admission
- Door time: 11 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the full lineup of performers. <p>
**How G-Pass Works:** Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app.
St. Jerome’s Laneway Festival
- The headliners: Sigur Rós and The National
- Sigur Rós’s style: bowed guitar, ethereal soundscapes
- I’m fluent in Icelandic. Why can’t I understand the lyrics?: many of Sigur Rós’s songs are sung in “Hopelandic,” a non-literal language invented by the band
- Unexpected Sigur Rós cover: The Simpsons theme
- How Billboard describes The National: “heady, dense, atmospheric”
- How the Tasmanian Devil describes The National: Waaaooowww! Blaaagggh! Thpppth! (turns into a tornado and spins away)
- Why do the band members all look so similar?: frontman Matt Berninger is backed by two sets of brothers—twins Aaron and Bryce Dessner and Scott and Bryan Devendorf
- Band whose name sounds the least like its music: The Dismemberment Plan
- Other notables: AlunaGeorge, Chet Faker, Deerhunter
- American- and Detroit-based bands playing The Movement Stage: Matthew Dear, ADULT., Shigeto, Heathered Pearls, and Beacon
- Where did the festival’s name come from?: the fest’s original venue, St. Jerome’s Bar in Melbourne (now defunct)
- What did St. Jerome do?: pulled a thorn from a lion’s paw, then sampled the lion’s purring over a remix of a Gregorian chant
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 14, 2013. Limit 8 per person. G-Pass not redeemable with mobile app. Use for admission at Meadow Brook Music Festival on 9/14. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher\. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event. Doors open at 11am. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.