Statistics help fans analyze a baseball player’s career, from quantifying a slugger’s batting average to measuring a right fielder’s apathy. See numbers come to life with this GrouponLive deal to see the St. Paul Saints play at Midway Stadium. For $20, you get a two-game package (up to a $42 total value) that includes the following:
- One ticket for infield reserved seating for the season opener against the Gary South Shore RailCats on Thursday, May 17, at 7:05 p.m. (up to a $12 value)
- One ticket for infield reserved seating for one of nine home games, listed below (up to a $14 value, depending on the game chosen)
- A Saints baseball cap (a $16 value)<p>
For the second game, choose from the following options:
- Against the Gary South Shore RailCats on Friday, May 18, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Gary South Shore RailCats on Saturday, May 19, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Gary South Shore RailCats on Sunday, May 20, at 1:05 p.m.
- Against the Sioux City Explorers on Friday, May 25, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Sioux City Explorers on Saturday, May 26, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Sioux City Explorers on Sunday, May 27, at 3:05 p.m.
- Against the Sioux Falls Fighting Pheasants on Sunday, June 10, at 1:05 p.m.
- Against the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks on Monday, June 11, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks on Tuesday, June 12, at 7:05 p.m.<p>
Before the team joined the independent American Association in 2005, the St. Paul Saints dominated the now-defunct Northern League, amassing four championships over 12 seasons. As the crèche of players faces off against its Midwestern rivals, it hopes to one day send envoys to play in the major leagues—a feat already achieved by 15 Saints alumni, including World Series champion Darryl Strawberry. As one of the same three owners who’ve overseen the team since its 1993 founding, actor Bill Murray lends the team a touch of Hollywood glamour, trumping other team’s attempts to replace their bases with Walk of Fame stars.
Each home game unfolds under the towering lights of Midway Stadium, an outdoor ballpark stocked with several concession stands, a bar, and family-friendly cafés and ice cream shacks. Along with plush porcine mascot Mudonna, a regular cast of entertainers delights crowds as the organist controls the weather with popular songs. During the Friday games on May 18 and May 25, the sky above the stadium glows with pinwheels of light thanks to extravagant fireworks displays.