- One ticket to the Radio City Music Hall Stage Door Tour, starting from $24.95
- Hours: 10:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
- This value includes applicable online ticketing fees and does not reflect any discounts offered by the merchant
For a tour of Madison Square Garden, check out this deal.
Radio City Music Hall Stage Door Tour
- No big deal: it’s just the largest indoor theater in the world
- Big numbers: 25,000+ lights; 84-foot ceilings; three orchestra-sized stage elevators
- First big accomplishment: beating the stock market crash. John D. Rockefeller, Jr. pushed the venue’s development along in spite of the collapse, hoping it would serve as a beacon of hope—and that it might bolster the city’s economy to boot. It worked.
- Biggest instrument: the Mighty Wurlitzer, an organ whose pipes have occupied 11 rooms of the venue. The pipes range in size from just a few inches long to 32 feet long.
- Big kicks: courtesy of the Rockettes, who have performed in the Radio City Christmas Spectacular each year for the better part of the century and recently celebrated thesuccessful inaugural season of New York Spring Spectacular.
- A very big tour: over its 75 minutes, you’ll marvel at the Wurlitzer and the building’s art-deco architecture. And while you’re at it, take the time to learn the secrets of its stage, have a gander at the signed celebrity guestbook and say hello to a Rockette.