- $49 for one ticket to Stand Up! for Main Street featuring Kevin Nealon and other performers, benefiting Public Citizen (up to $100 value)
- When: Sunday, October 19, at 6:30 p.m
- Where: The Writers Guild Theater
- General admission
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to see the lineup.
Stand Up! for Main Street
- Kevin Nealon: The unwaveringly deadpan Nealon made his mark on Saturday Night Live from 1986–1995 as the Weekend Update anchor, the “Subliminal Man,” Franz of “Hans and Franz,” and other characters; he later scored the role of Doug on the series Weeds.
- Carol Leifer: A veteran standup since the ’70s and three-time Emmy nominee, Leifer’s career includes writing for Seinfeld, The Larry Sanders Show, Saturday Night Live, and the Academy Awards.
- Cathy Ladman: The American Comedy Award winner for Best Female Stand-Up and former Roseanne and The Caroline Rhea Show writer has appeared frequently on The Tonight Show andThe Late Late Show.
- Suli McCullough: McCullough, an actor for The Jamie Foxx Show and writer for The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and Lopez Tonight, stole the show as “Crazy Legs” in Don’t Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood.
- Jake Johannsen: Johannsen has made 40 appearances on Late Show with David Letterman—and was once the runner-up for the role of George Costanza.
- Wayne Federman: A comedian and writer of works such as a biography of “Pistol” Pete Maravich, Federman may look familiar from supporting comedic acting roles in The X-Files, The Larry Sanders Show, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Legally Blonde, 50 First Dates, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, and Step Brothers.
Comedy is often used as one way of speaking truth to power; the work of Public Citizen is another. The nonprofit lobbies Washington, D.C. on behalf of everyday citizens on economic, healthcare, and environmental issues. Since 1971, the tireless organization has taken on formidable opponents across the pharmaceutical, nuclear and automobile industries. Fundraising events such as the recurring comedy benefit Stand Up! for Main Street add a panoply of familiar and funny voices to the chorus behind Public Citizen’s good works.
Writers Guild Theater
135 S. Doheny Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90211Get Directions