What You'll Get
- $11 for one child’s ticket for seating in balcony 2 (up to $18 value)
- $12 for one adult’s ticket for seating in balcony 2 (up to $22 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
Dates and Times
- Friday, June 10, at 6:30 p.m. or 8 p.m.
- Friday, June 17, at 6:30 p.m. or 8 p.m.
- Friday, June 24, at 6:30 p.m. or 8 p.m.
Getting Your Tickets
You must redeem your vouche online at Geppetto’s website before the show. You can exchange your voucher at the box office “will call” counter for the actual tickets 30 minutes prior to the show on the day of the show.
Where to Go
Geppetto’s Theater & Workshop, located in the sublevel of the Hilton Anatole, with its main entrance in the tower lobby. Using the tower entrance is recommended.
When to Arrive
The box office, gift shop, and concession stand opens one hour before showtime. Arrive early for a pre-show demonstration on how the marionettes are made. Stay after the show to take a backstage tour of the theater.
Lot #3 is recommended. Geppetto’s provides a discount voucher that lowers the parking fee to $5. Patrons pay when they exit the parking lot.
Due to fire department regulations, all persons of any age must have a ticket to enter the auditorium, including infants, toddlers, and lap children. Strollers and baby carriers are not permitted inside the theater.
The recommended “minimum age” is 3 or older, but the show is geared to ages 6–18.
- The Puppets: They’re hand-sculpted, hand-painted marionettes, who bound across colorful sets and introduce young audiences to a gorgeous marriage of performing and visual art.
- The Performers: They’re ensemble members specially trained to breathe life and nuance into their wooden scene partners.
- The Story: A loose parody of the Star Wars saga, this show combines stormtroopers, bounty hunters, and aliens with space knights who duel with light sabers and the occasional dance-off.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 24, 2016. Amount paid never expires. Limit 20/person. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Geppetto's Theater & Workshop
“It all starts with an idea and block of wood,” says John Hopkins, founder of Geppetto's Theater & Workshop. While that may be true for his meticulously hand-carved marionettes—which star in the full gamut of classic children’s stories from Hansel and Gretel to The Wizard of Oz—it took a little more for Geppetto's Theater & Workshop itself. John began his performances in a defunct bus station in Arlington, drawing in families with just the skill of his hands and voice, before achieving enough success to move to Dallas and expand his skilled team of puppeteers and voice actors.