- $25 for two tickets to see STARSHIP Starring Mickey Thomas (up to $54 value)
- When: Friday, January 24, at 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Medina Entertainment Center
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
STARSHIP Starring Mickey Thomas
- The difference between Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, and STARSHIP: a few letters and musicians
- When ears first fell for Mickey Thomas' voice: 1976, when he sang on the Elvin Bishop Band classic "Fooled Around and Fell in Love"
- When Jefferson Starship fans first fell for Mickey: 1979, when he joined the band and melted speakers with his lead vocals on "Jane"
- When Starship jettisoned the Jefferson to become a new pop-rock entity: 1985
- What they did next: crafted anthems that have stood the test of time
- Such as: "We Built this City," "Sara," and "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now," the theme to the documentary Mannequin
- Airplane-era hits you might hear: "Somebody to Love," "White Rabbit"
Medina Entertainment Center
Medina Entertainment Center fights boredom on several fronts with a host of recreational activities housed in one sprawling complex. The renowned concert stage attracts top-level talent from around the country, and its list of past performers—Johnny Cash, Alice Cooper, and Bret Michaels—reads like a brochure at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. If your belly is rumbling so loudly that you can't hear the music, just head to Robert's Restaurant, where a menu of burgers, wraps, and grilled fish awaits. Medina is also home to a 12-lane bowling center where players can let off steam by naming each pin after a different middle-school bully.