A great live performance is something you’ll be able to describe to your kids someday, unlike the way they looked midbirth. Scream along to your favorites with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to see Kris Kristofferson
- When: Friday, June 14, at 8 p.m.
- Where: State Theatre in New Brunswick
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $16 for the upper balcony or gallery (up to a $48 value)
- $20 for the mid-orchestra or mid-balcony (up to a $58 value)
- Click here to view the balcony seating chart.
- Click here to view the orchestra seating chart.<p>
Kris Kristofferson performing “Me & Bobby McGee” at the Cambridge Folk Festival in 2010
* Number of awards [Kris Kristofferson](http://www.kriskristofferson.com/) has won that start with the letter G: two—a Grammy and a Golden Globe * Who most people think wrote “Me & Bobby McGee”: Janis Joplin * Who actually wrote “Me & Bobby McGee”: Kris Kristofferson with Fred Foster * Member of the Country Music Hall of Fame * Other members that joined Kris Kristofferson in the country music supergroup The Highwaymen: Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, and Willie Nelson * Things his full first name and last name have in common: everything except the word “son” * Most recent album: 2012’s Feeling Mortal, his 28th * Where else you’ve seen him: the films A Star is Born, Lone Star, Blade, and He’s Just Not That Into You
State Theatre New Jersey
The State Theatre New Jersey was saved, as its website states, from "the ravages of time." Built in 1921 as a vaudeville and silent-film palace, the venue fell on hard times in the 1970s. In 2003, however, a $3 million renovation restored the State Theatre New Jersey to much of its original glory, as crews painstakingly rehabbed the ornamental plaster, terracotta exterior, and actor holding cells. Inside the theater, a stunning chandelier sparkles more brightly than ever below the venue's signature dome.