All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Every music fan dreams of being called up onto the stage at a concert to sing alongside their favorite vocalist, and, in a carefree moment, lift their elbows in rhythm. Be free with this GrouponLive deal.
- $14 for one ticket to see Steel Pulse (up to $28.70 value)
- When: Monday, April 21, at 8:30 p.m.
- Where: The Depot
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Steel Pulse's legacy: the English-based group has been spreading political, yet feel-good, reggae to the masses since 1975
- What they're known for: melodic protest anthems, electrifying stage shows
- Steel Pulse firsts: they were the first non-Jamaican act to win the Grammy for "Best Reggae Band," and probably the first act to make you dance for a cause
- Targets of their musical ire: racism, inequality, violence, historical revisionism
- Their politics reflected in album titles: Tribute to the Martyrs (1979), True Democracy (1982), Babylon the Bandit (1985), Rage and Fury (1997), African Holocaust (2004)
- Steel Pulse in a nutshell, according to founder David "Dread" Hinds: "Our mission is to bring hope into the hearts of the people."
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 22, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 4/21/14 for a ticket at venue will call. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at The Depot. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects Steel Pulse's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Must be 21 or older. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.