What You'll Get
- One ticket to “Strauss and Strauss!”
- When: Sunday, March 30, at 2 p.m.
- Where: Newport Performing Arts Center
- Door time: 1:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Seating Options * $11 for seating in the orchestra, rows A or B, or the upper galleries (up to $21.40 value) * $21 for seating in the center orchestra (up to $36.10 value) * Click here to view the seating chart.
- Johann Strauss II—Overture from The Gypsy Baron: Strauss II’s most popular opera showcases his interest in the Austrian Empire’s diverse folk music, with a bombastic opening and syncopation-filled finale that recall Hungarian gypsy tunes.
- Johann Strauss II—Emperor Waltz: Written for Kaiser Franz Josef’s visit to the court of Wilhelm II, the waltz opens with a demure melody that builds to a grand, towering crescendo.
- Richard Strauss—Death and Transfiguration: Strauss’s haunting tone poem conjures up the final minutes of a dying man, evoking his convulsive fever, happy reflections on his childhood, and soul’s journey towards that really bright light.
- Richard Strauss—Suite from Der Rosenkavalier: A far cry from his other challenging, expressionistic operas, Strauss’s Der Rosenkavalier weaves a lighthearted tale of youthful love. Highlights of the orchestral suite include the sweeping moment when the lovers first meet and a grand waltz scoring the exchange of their first texts.
Newport Symphony Orchestra
The Newport Symphony Orchestra fills the Oregon coast with timeless melodies year round. Under the direction of maestro Adam Flatt, the skilled players perform seasonal concerts that unite beloved classics with lesser known gems and new works. And the ensemble politely refuses to take a summer vacation—instead, they fill the warmer months with special events such as an annual, free community concert on the Fourth of July.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 31, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting 3/30 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at The Newport Performing Arts Center. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Newport Symphony Orchestra's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.