- One ticket to Dazzal Mi Entertainment’s Sunday Mourning
- When: Thursday, September 11, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Nate Holden Performing Arts Center
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $17 for mezzanine seating (up to a $35 value)
- $20 for orchestra seating (up to a $40 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
Dazzal Mi Entertainment: Sunday Mourning
“If the person in your life does not accelerate your destiny, could that really be who God has for you?” That’s the notion behind Kinnik Sky’s first play, Sunday Mourning, which took home three NAACP Theatre Awards in 2012. In the title role of Sunday, Sky gives an intensely emotional performance as a woman who discovers that the love of her life is not the man she thought he was.
When she was a Top-13 finalist on American Idol, the typically scowling Simon Cowell told Sky, “You have the ability to give us the wow factor.” Sunday Mourning audiences get to hear her voice as an actor and artist, which she’s also been developing for years. She’s worked with the likes of Tyler Perry and Robert Townsend, and appeared in theatrical productions of Dreamgirls and For Colored Girls. And as the brains behind Dazzal Mi Entertainment, she writes and produces stories designed to make viewers reflect on their own lives, or, as she calls it, “conscious entertainment.”