The Tony Award-winning musical follows a group of dancers as they audition for Broadway, revealing troubled pasts through song and dance
What You'll Get
- $18 for one ticket to see Sunnyvale Community Players’ production of A Chorus Line (up to $30 value)
- When: select dates, November 1–16
- Where: Sunnyvale Theatre at the Sunnyvale Community Center
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Note: November 13’s performance will be an understudy performance
A Chorus Line
The longest-running Broadway musical until Cats overtook it in 1997, A Chorus Line is one of the best beloved stage productions of all time. The awards speak for themselves. After one year on stage, it took home nine Tonys, five Drama Desks, a Pulitzer Prize for Drama, and a World’s Greatest Grampa mug, although someone may have just left that at the theater. Here’s a look at the show through its hits:
- “I Hope I Get It”: Seventeen triple threats compete for only eight spots in the titular chorus line, each propelled by a different life story. To make the decision, the director settles on an unconventional method for getting to know his prospective cast members: he asks them.
- “I Can Do That”: The youngest of 12 kids, Mike sought the stage as a place to stand out, although he now vies just to find a place in the background.
- “Sing!”: As the audience and her fellow auditioners learn firsthand, Kristine has a passion for the stage, but doesn’t have a musical bone in her body.
- “Dance: Ten; Looks: Three”: Val has learned firsthand that appearances can make or break a performer’s career—so in order to land this job, she’s banking on her recent plastic surgery.
- “One (Singular Sensation)”: The big number of the show being cast takes on new resonance for the director, as his former girlfriend Cassie shows up to audition for a role he knows is beneath her talents.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Sunnyvale Theatre at the Sunnyvale Community Center. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Sunnyvale Community Players' current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Sunnyvale Community Players
Up to four large-scale productions a year. Three hundred cast, crew, and orchestra members. Eight thousand rapt faces in the audience over the course of a season. Sunnyvale Community Players has been maintaining these impressive stats for nearly 50 years with a staff supported by a large number of volunteers. Through a lineup of crowd-pleasing and thought-provoking musicals, directors give local performers ages 8 through adult a chance to hone their chops onstage as they entertain Silicon Valley residents and their pocket robots.