- $68 for two main floor tickets (up to $137.80 value)
- View the seating chart
Taj Express: The Bollywood Musical
- What it is: An internationally acclaimed musical produced, directed, and choreographed by The Merchants, a family that has been a staple of the Bollywood film industry for decades.
- The music: Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman penned several of the scores. The choreography, meanwhile, blends Indian classical dance with contemporary movements to create a spectacle that has dazzled audiences across the globe.
- Accolades: Taj Express is the first original Indian musical to have successfully completed five years of international touring.
- What to expect: The show is 120 minutes and it packs every second with swirling colors, shimmering costumes, and palpable energy while depicting a story that includes an ambitious journalist, a tyrannical film director, and a cutthroat criminal.
Detroit Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts
Built in 1928, Detroit Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts dazzles patrons with an ornate art-deco façade and lush Spanish Renaissance interior. Elegant columns, glittering chandeliers, and vibrant geometric patterns create a palatial atmosphere in the lobby. The auditorium's intimately arranged velvet seats leave every viewer within 70 feet of the stage, eliminating the need for binoculars or drawn-out games of telephone describing the onstage action.