Contrary to popular belief, all the world is not a stage—sometimes people just say things to get attention. See an actual stage with this GrouponLive deal to see Lenny at the Tamarac Theatre of Performing Arts. For $25, you get two tickets for general admission (a $50 value). Doors open 30 minutes before the show. Choose from the following shows:
- Saturday, August 11, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, August 12, at 2 p.m.
- Sunday, August 12, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, August 18, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, August 19, at 2 p.m.
- Sunday, August 19, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, August 25, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, August 26, at 2 p.m.
- Sunday, August 26, at 7 p.m.
To his audiences, Lenny Bruce was an icon, a comedian unafraid to take on the establishment and unwilling to self-censor. To the police, he was an obscene threat to the public. Julian Barry’s Lenny follows the life of the legendary comic who would inspire the next generation of joke-crafters, charting his rise to fame as he battles with addiction and the legal system that would eventually end his career. In addition to being a living biography, the show recreates Bruce’s club routines, which often ended with him getting arrested immediately after the show. The play is not recommended for minors, as they may become upset at the adult language and baffling 1960s lingo.