Taiko drums echo like thunder in Tao’s high-octane show, filled with a cast of performers who train for years in the mountains of Japan
What You'll Get
- $14 for one ticket for best available seating (up to $70 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
Tao: Drum Heart
- What it is: a traditional Japanese drumming performance with pops of 21st Century flair
- The sights: elaborate costumes, precisely choreographed dances, and muscles—so many muscles
- The sounds: thunderous taiko drums and passionate, near-militaristic chanting
- How it all started: In 2004, Tao appeared at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe—arguably the world’s largest arts festival—and stole the show, leading to a world tour and appearance at the Vancouver Olympics in 2010.
- By the numbers: The show has travelled to more than 22 countries and 400 cities, it has dazzled nearly 7 million spectators, and it has probably inspired at least one person to incorporate drumming into their workout routine.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 16, 2018. Limit 8/person. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Merchant is issuer of tickets - discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact Guest Services Office prior to purchase for availability. Note: There is no accessible seating in the balcony section.. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About State Theatre New Jersey
The State Theatre New Jersey was saved, as its website states, from "the ravages of time." Built in 1921 as a vaudeville and silent-film palace, the venue fell on hard times in the 1970s. In 2003, however, a $3 million renovation restored the State Theatre New Jersey to much of its original glory, as crews painstakingly rehabbed the ornamental plaster, terracotta exterior, and actor holding cells. Inside the theater, a stunning chandelier sparkles more brightly than ever below the venue's signature dome.