Dancers use their bodies to express emotions, unlike opera singers, who use their voices, and Punchin’ Jack, who only uses his fists. Get an eyeful of art with this GrouponLive deal.
- $11 for one ticket to see Terpsicore Dance Company Presents “Paquita and Other Works” (up to a $25 value)
- Where: Tempe Center for the Arts
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
- Saturday, June 29, at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, June 30, at 2 p.m.<p>
Student and senior discounted tickets are available but this Groupon still offers the best deal available.<p>
Terpsicore Dance Company Presents Paquita and Other Works
- What Terpsicore Dance Company is: a collaborative of dancers who blend classical ballet with modern dance
- What Paquita is: a 19th century two-act ballet about a Spanish gypsy woman who discovers she’s actually a noble
- Why she’s unaware of her nobility: she was abducted at birth
- The most well-known part of Paquita: the Paquita Grand pas classique, a piece that has been staged by ballet companies throughout the world since its 1881 addition to the composition
- What the Other Works are: several original pieces composed by renowned international choreographers including Jody Mac Foster
- How you may know him: he’s a former choreographer for Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
- How you do not know him: as Clarice in Silence of the Lambs<p>
Terpsicore Dance Company
Terpiscore Dance Company draws its name from Terpsichore, the Greek goddess of dance. And that minor spelling adjustment speaks volumes about the company's philosophy. In one sense, it represents how the Terpsicore dancers perform from the core of their physical and emotional being. In another sense, it represents how they take free license to mix the old with the new, pulling from classical traditions and techniques while inlaying their own expressive touches. The result: works that stir and inspire with of artistry and skill.