In 1891, James Naismith mounted two peach baskets on opposite walls of a gym, inventing the rudimentary version of what we know today as “shelving.” Take your basketball off this grand innovation with today’s GrouponLive deal: for $8, you get two tickets for general-admission seating to see a University of Texas at Austin women’s basketball game at Frank Erwin Center (a $16 value). Buyers must redeem Groupons online at TexasBoxOffice.com before attending the game to receive their tickets. Choose from the following games:
- Against Baylor on Sunday, January 15, at 1:30 p.m.
- Against Iowa State on Wednesday, January 18, at 8 p.m.
- Against Missouri on Wednesday, January 25, at 7 p.m.
- Against Kansas State on Wednesday, February 1, at 7 p.m.
- Against Oklahoma State on Saturday, February 11, at 7 p.m.
- Against Texas Tech on Wednesday, February 15, at 7 p.m.
- Against Oklahoma on Saturday, February 25, at 5 p.m.
- Against Texas A&M on Sunday, March 4, at noon.
Now in her fifth season as the Longhorns’ head coach, Gail Goestenkors hopes to lead her team to a fifth-straight NCAA tournament appearance and improve on last season’s performance. Preseason All-Big 12 team member Chassidy Fussell, who led the ‘Horns in scoring last year, has continued her barrage of buckets with an average of 17 points for this season’s first dozen games. Having racked up 49 points in her last two high-school postseason appearances, Big 12 Preseason Co-Freshman of the Year Cassie Peoples brings fresh talent to the team. Frank Erwin Center houses each bout on the court with spacious aplomb, proffering plenty of room for attendees to engage in team-encouraging waves and spontaneous victory square dances.