What You'll Get
- $9 for one ticket to see The American Philharmonic Sonoma County: "Polish Inspiration (up to a $15 value)
- When: Saturday, November 16 at 8 p.m.
- Where: SRHS Performing Arts Auditorium
- Seating: premium orchestra section
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Directed by the skilled baton of maestro Norman Gamboa, The American Philharmonic Sonoma County presents a program of pieces influenced by Polish musical traditions. Youthful Bay Area pianist Alice Zhu joins the orchestra for the evening.
- Chopin—Piano Concerto No. 1: The composer himself described the piece as having "a romantic, calm, and rather melancholy character...a kind of moonlight reverie on a beautiful spring night."
- Tchaikovsky—Symphony No. 3 (“Polish”): More Russian than Polish, this colorful symphony moves from sober tones to a more dancelike melody, with a second movement that gradually becomes playful and grand.
The American Philharmonic Sonoma County
The American Philharmonic Sonoma County was founded on two pillars: music and community. For more than a decade, the orchestra's 65 volunteer, professional-level musicians have performed more than 100 concerts, many of them for free. Reaching out to the senior and Latino communities, as well as Sonoma County schools. Earning rave reviews from Classical Sonoma, the group hopes to expand the audience for classical music and that really cool tuning sound.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 17, 2013. Limit 4 per person. Redeem starting 11/16 for a ticket at venue will call. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at SRHS Performing Arts Auditorium. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects The American Philharmonic's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.