- One ticket to The Art of the Brick
- When: any date of your choice through November 22
- Where: Discovery Times Square
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the museum's schedule and hours.
- $10 for one children's ticket, valid for ages 4–12 (up to a $20.05 value)
- $12 for one senior ticket, valid for ages 65 and older (up to a $22.23 value)
- $14 for one adult ticket (up to a $25.50 value)
The Art of the Brick
Nathan Sawaya has a LEGO collection that would make any kid jealous. But the sculptures he creates from thousands of the bricks are anything but juvenile—rather they are, as the New York Times puts it, "playful and strangely contemporary." Sawaya's humanoid sculptures, for instance, take on strange postures, swimming facedown through plasticky puddles or tearing at their chests, spilling pieces onto their display tables. Recreations of paintings such as the Mona Lisa and Girl With a Pearl Earring pay low-resolution homage to their sources, and a construction of The Thinker re-imagines Rodin's sculptural masterwork.
Discovery Times Square
Unlike more traditional museums, Discovery Times Square does much more than simply display artifacts. The space, located in the building once occupied by The New York Times printing presses, encourages visitors to learn through interactive, sensory exhibits. Past shows have taken guests inside the Titanic’s final wreck site, Da Vinci’s ingenious inventions, and the vast collection of riches and bandages owned by King Tut. More than a museum, DTS has featured exhibitions of unparalleled breadth, including Pompeii: The Exhibit, Dead Sea Scrolls: The Exhibition, Terracotta Warriors: Defenders of China’s First Emperor, The Art of the Brick, Marvel Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N., and most recently, The Hunger Games: The Exhibition.