- Admission to The Bowie Show
- When: Saturday, January 18, at 8:30 p.m.
- Where: The House of Mood
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $30 for one ticket (up to $60 value)
- $60 for two tickets (up to $120 value)<p>
The Bowie Show
- What it is: a tribute to David Bowie with live music and burlesque performances
- Who’s providing the live music: Niki Luparelli & The Gold Diggers
- How Telegram.com described Niki Luparelli: as an “incomparable chanteuse extraordinaire”
- Who’s providing the burlesque: performers including Maple Divine, Mighty Aphrodite, and Fonda Feeling
- What Bowie hits you might hear: “All the Young Dudes,” “Let’s Dance,” “Rebel Rebel”<p>
Director and founder Jennifer Kennedy has been teaching dance for more than three decades and channels her sensual moves from experience performing in cabarets aboard Virgin Islands cruise ships. At JMK Entertainment, she and her instructors patrol a studio of 10 poles, ensuring that each student receives personalized tips during basic to advanced pole-fitness classes. The pole-based moves help students to build core strength and tone curves while mimicking the arched back of a sexy long-haired wildcat, not to be confused with the long-eared hedgehog, which is really more cute than sexy. Other class styles run the rhythm-powered gamut from cardio chair fitness and Zumba to Bollywood and belly-dancing routines. The JMK team isn't shy about performing what they preach, taking the stage at various local events to showcase their burlesque swaggers and perilous pole-climbs.